Teaching courses: «Separation and structure determination methods», «Modern equipment and food and cosmetics technology design», «Polymer science»
Research interests: aerobic oxidation, catalyzed by nitroxyl radicals, synthesis and molecular design of new catalysts; compounds synthesis for bioimaging
Scientific biography: Since 2006, after graduation from Donetsk National University, he worked as a senoir engineer at the Department of Radical Processes of the LM Litvinenko Institute of Physical and Organic Chemistry and Coal Chemistry of NAS of Ukraine. In 2008 he was promoted to the position of junior researcher of the Department of Radical Reactions Research. In 2011 he submitted thesis under title “Initiation of polymerization and oxidation of vinyl monomers by N-hydroxyphthalimide” 02.00.04 – “Physical Chemistry”. In 2012, at the meeting of young scientists of the Institute, he was elected Chairman of the Council of Young Scientists of the Institute. In 2016, he was promoted to the position of senior researcher at the Department of Chemistry of Heterocyclic Compounds. Since 2018, he has been working part-time at NTUU KPI as an assistant at the Department of Physical Chemistry, and since September 2020 as a senior lecturer.
He was received a number of grants and scholarships: 2008 – 2010 – scholarship of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, 2013 – 2014 – grant of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine for young scientists № II-04-13 “Development of” green “catalytic systems for obtaining industrially important monomers from natural raw materials “, 2014 – 2016 – scholarship of the President of Ukraine. In 2014 he took an internship at the N.D. Zelinsky Institute of Organic Chemistry RAS № 14-33-50789 on the project “Study of the reactivity of N-hydroxyimides and N-oxyl radicals generated from them in oxidation reactions and oxidative cross-coupling”.
Principal investigator – SFFR grant “Catalytic action of metal-complex compounds and polynuclear clusters in the conditions of homogeneous oxidation of organic substances” (2016 – 2017): innovative scientific and technical project “Extraction technologies for the modern materials production from fossil resins” (2020).
Research experience – 12 years
Number of publications – 60.
- Kushch, O.V., Hordieieva, I.O., Novikova, K.V., Litvinov, Y.E., Kompanets, M.O., Shendrik, A.N. and Opeida, I.A., 2020. Kinetics of N-oxyl Radicals’ Decay. . The Journal of Organic Chemistry. 85 (11), 2020 , pp. 7112-7124
- Opeida, I.A., Sheparovych, R.B., Hrynda, Y.M., Khavunko, O.Y., Kompanets, M.O. and Shendryk, A.N., 2019. Kinetics of oxidation of benzyl alcohols with molecular oxygen catalyzed by N‐hydroxyphthalimide: Role of hydroperoxyl radicals. International Journal of Chemical Kinetics, 51(9), pp.679-688.
- Ryabukhin, D.S., Turdakov, A.N., Soldatova, N.S., Kompanets, M.O., Ivanov, A.Y., Boyarskaya, I.A. and Vasilyev, A.V., 2019. Reactions of 2-carbonyl-and 2-hydroxy (or methoxy) alkyl-substituted benzimidazoles with arenes in the superacid CF3SO3H. NMR and DFT studies of dicationic electrophilic species. Beilstein journal of organic chemistry, 15(1), pp.1962-1973.
- Krylov, I.B., Kompanets, M.O., Novikova, K.V., Opeida, I.O., Kushch, O.V., Shelimov, B.N., Nikishin, G.I., Levitsky, D.O. and Terent’ev, A.O., 2016. Well-Known Mediators of Selective Oxidation with Unknown Electronic Structure: Metal-Free Generation and EPR Study of Imide-N-oxyl Radicals. The Journal of Physical Chemistry A, 120(1), pp.68-73.
- Kompanets, M. O., O. V. Kushch, Yu E. Litvinov, O. L. Pliekhov, K. V. Novikova, A. O. Novokhatko, A. N. Shendrik, A. V. Vasilyev, and I. O. Opeida. “Oxidation of 5-hydroxymethylfurfural to 2, 5-diformylfuran with molecular oxygen in the presence of N-hydroxyphthalimide.” Catalysis Communications 57 (2014), pp. 60-63.