Apply for Master Degree
in Igor Sikorky KPI!
According to the Bologna Process, education programmes in Ukraine are to be organised into three different levels called cycles – first, second and third. The second cycle is known as the graduate level, or Master’s level of studies. You must have successfully completed a Ukrainian 4-year degree at bachelor’s level, a bachelor’s degree from a foreign country, or a corresponding qualification. Programmes offered at the Master’s level in Ukraine are 1,5(2) years of full-time studies in length and award 90 credits.
Igor Sikorsky KPI staff and chemical technology faculty particularly accumulate more than 100 years of experience of training specialists in the various areas of science, technology and engineering. Among them prominent aviation designers, space exploration pioneers, and famous chemists, chemical technologists, and engineers as well. Even Dmitry Mendeleyev noted the outstanding level of graduates as an Examination Board Member of Chemical Technology Faculty of KPI in 1903.
Physical Chemistry Department was established at Chemical Technology Faculty of Igor Sikorsky KPI in 1900. Its brilliant history of achievements, research and pedagogical traditions deserves special attention.
Since 2013, the department is responsible for the training of Masters in Chemical Technology (speciality 161 “Chemical Technology and Engineering”) focused on Cosmetics and Food Additives. The duration of educational and professional Master degree programme “Chemical Technology of Cosmetics and Food Additives” is 1,5 years The duration of study of the same programme concentrated upon research components is 2 years. These programmes are free of charge for Ukrainian citizens in case of successful submission on budget of the Ukrainian Government, otherwise, they require payment.
Consult our Igor Sikorsky KPI Centre for International Education for details.
Admission of foreign citizens for the 5th year of the Igor Sikorsky KPI is carried out provided:
- obtained a bachelor’s degree or an educational qualification level of a specialist;
- successful entrance examination;
- university invitation.
Admission to the preparation of a master’s degree on the basis of a bachelor’s degree obtained in another specialty, subject to the successful completion of additional entrance examinations.
Terms for admission – from June 20 to october 11.
Beginning of training since September 1.
List of documents that the applicants personally submit to the CIE of Igor Sikorsky KPI in paper form:
- a statement;
- the document (original and its copy) about the previously acquired educational (educational-qualifying) level, on the basis of which the introduction is made (during its first term of study, its nostrification is carried out);
- the application (the original and its copy) to the document on the previously acquired educational (educational-qualifying) level, which contains information on the content of the curriculum by the previous level (level) of higher education, credits received, duration of training and the success of the discipline, on the basis of which the introduction takes place;
- a copy of the passport document of a foreigner or a document certifying a stateless person;
- a health insurance policy, unless otherwise provided by international treaties of Ukraine;
- 6 photographs in the size of 35 x 45 mm (colored, matte);
! Documents referred to in subparagraphs 2, 3, 4 must be translated into Ukrainian with notarization of translation.
The documents referred to in subparagraphs 2, 3 must be certified in the country of their issue in the manner that is officially used in that country for such certification and legalized by the relevant foreign institution of Ukraine, unless otherwise provided by international agreements of Ukraine.
Entrance tests at admission for the 5th year are from:
- foreign language;
- the specialty to which they enter;
- additional entrance exam (subject to a bachelor’s degree obtained in another specialty).
Entrance tests are conducted according to the schedule approved by the attestation commissions of the institutes (faculties).