Apply in Igor Sikorsky KPI!
According to the Bologna Process, education programmes in Ukraine are to be organised into three different levels called cycles – first, second and third. First cycle is known as the undergraduate level, or bachelor’s level of studies. You start studying first cycle as a beginner to higher education. Programmes offered at the bachelor’s level in Ukraine are 4 years of full-time studies in length and award 180 credits.
Igor Sikorsky KPI and chemical technology faculty staff particularly accumulate more than 100 years of experience of training specialists in the various areas of science, technology and engineering. Among them prominent aviation designers, space exploration pioneers, and famous chemists, chemical technologists, and engineers as well. Even Dmitry Mendeleyev noted the outstanding level of graduates as an Examination Board Member of Chemical Technology Faculty of KPI in 1903. Physical Chemistry Department was established at Chemical Technology Faculty of Igor Sikorsky KPI in 1900. Its brilliant history of achievements, research and pedagogical traditions deserves special attention (see details here).
Since 2013, the department is responsible for the training bachelors in Chemical Technology (speciality 161 “Chemical Technology and Engineering”) focused on Cosmetics and Food Additives (educational and professional programme “Chemical Technology of Cosmetics and Food Additives”). The duration of study is 4 years. This programme is free of charge for Ukrainian citizens in case of successful submission on budget of the Ukrainian Government, otherwise, it requires payment. Consult our Igor Sikorsky KPI Centre for International Education for details..
Foreign citizens have opportunities to study Ukrainian language and training in some special disciplines before entrance at the Preparatory Department (PD). Training courses are available in three languages: Ukrainian, English or Russian. PD also trains students in fundamental disciplines which are required for admission to the University, such as:
- Computer science
- Engineering and Computer Graphics
- Country study
After graduation from the Preparatory Department, learner will receive the Certificate of a State standard that gives the right to apply to Bachelor’s degree in our specialty.
Admission of foreign citizens for 1 year is carried out provided:
- availability of full secondary education;
- successful entrance examination (interviews);
- university invitation.
The filing dates are from July 1 to October 15.
Beginning of training since September 1.
List of documents that the applicants personally submit to the CIE of Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute in paper form see here:
- application form;
- the document (the original and its copy) about the previously acquired educational (educational-qualifying) level, on the basis of which the introduction is made (during its first semester its nostrification is carried out);
- the application (the original and its copy) to the document about the previously acquired educational (educational-qualifying) level, on the basis of which the introduction is made;
- a copy of the passport document of a foreigner or a document certifying a stateless person;
- a health insurance policy, unless otherwise provided by international treaties of Ukraine;
- a copy of the birth certificate;
- 6 photos in the size of 35 x 45 mm (coloured, matte);
- certificate of graduation from the preparatory department.
Documents referred to in subparagraphs 2, 3 and 4 must be translated into Ukrainian with a notarized translation of the certificate and certified in the country of issue in the manner that is officially used in this country for such certification and legalized by the relevant foreign institution of Ukraine if the other is not provided by international treaties of Ukraine.
Prerequisites of admission to Igor Sikorsky KPI bachelor’s degree in 161 “Chemical Technology and Engineering”,educational and professional programme “Chemical technologies of cosmetics and food additives” for Ukrainian citizens are summarized below:
- Persons who have completed general secondary education are accepted for study for a bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants on the basis of complete general secondary education apply only in electronic form
- Submission of applications for free of charge budget form of education is limited.
- The application in electronic form is submitted by the entrant by filling in the electronic form online and is considered by the Admissions Committee in the manner prescribed by law.
Entrance tests for admission for 1 course are from:
- physics(or chemistry, or biology)
- Ukrainian (or English) language.
Terms of entrance examinations – from July 3 till September 30, 2021 .
Bachelor’s Degree programs available in English
in FACULTY OF CHEMICAL TECHNOLOGY – FCT:
Chemical Technologies and Engineering
– Chemical technologies of inorganic substances and water treatment
– Chemical Technologies of Organic Substances
– Chemical Technologies of Cosmetic Products and Food Additives
– Electrochemical Technologies of Inorganic and Organic Substances
– Chemical Technologies of Inorganic Ceramic Materials
– Chemical Technologies of Inorganic and Organic Binders and Composite Materials
– Chemical Technologies of Inorganic, Electrode Materials and Water Treatment
– Chemistry and Technology of Organic Materials
Cost of education for foreign citizens
in the Igor Sikorsky KPI
in 2021/2022 academic year in FACULTY OF CHEMICAL TECHNOLOGY – FCT: