Apply for Ph.D. & D.Sc.
in Igor Sikorky KPI!
According to the Bologna Process, education programmes in Ukraine are to be organised into three different levels called cycles – first, second and third. The second cycle is known as the graduate level, or Master’s level of studies. You must have successfully completed a Ukrainian 4-year degree at bachelor’s level, a bachelor’s degree from a foreign country, or a corresponding qualification. Programmes offered at the Master’s level in Ukraine are 1,5(2) years of full-time studies in length and award 90 credits.
Igor Sikorsky KPI staff and chemical technology faculty particularly accumulate more than 100 years of experience of training specialists in the various areas of science, technology and engineering. Among them prominent aviation designers, space exploration pioneers, and famous chemists, chemical technologists, and engineers as well. Even Dmitry Mendeleyev noted the outstanding level of graduates as an Examination Board Member of Chemical Technology Faculty of KPI in 1903.
Physical Chemistry Department was established at Chemical Technology Faculty of Igor Sikorsky KPI in 1900. Its brilliant history of achievements, research and pedagogical traditions deserves special attention.
Since 2013, the department is responsible for the training of Masters in Chemical Technology (speciality 161 “Chemical Technology and Engineering”) focused on Cosmetics and Food Additives. The duration of educational and professional Master degree programme “Chemical Technology of Cosmetics and Food Additives” is 1,5 years The duration of study of the same programme concentrated upon research components is 2 years. These programmes are free of charge for Ukrainian citizens in case of successful submission on budget of the Ukrainian Government, otherwise, they require payment.
Consult our Igor Sikorsky KPI Centre for International Education for details.
Requirements for admission of foreign citizens to Postgraduate Training Program
Admission of foreign citizens to postgraduate studies (doctoral studies) to Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute is carried out given :
- Master’s Degree (Specialist);
- successful entrance examination;
- university invitation to study in Ukraine.
Training of PhD students starts from October 1st.
Duration of training is 4 years.
List of documents to be submitted for admission to postgraduate study:
- application for admission to postgraduate study (is filled in Ukrainian with the help of scientific supervisor);
- a copy of the master’s degree (specialist), indicating the acquired specialty (qualification), and a copy of the appendix to it (with translation into Ukrainian language and certified by a notary after arrival to Ukraine). Persons who have received the relevant education abroad submit a nostrified copy of the diploma;
- Applicant’s Research proposal with signature and written conclusion of scientific supervisor;
- a list of published scientific works and inventions, certified by the head. the department at the place of preparation (as well as photocopies of 2-3 publications) with the evaluation of scientific supervisor. In the list, to select publications in specialized journals and publications, registered in science-centered databases;
- photocopy of the passport (page with photo);
- passport and diploma (originals) are given in person.
Entrance tests are conducted from 28.08.2021 till 04.09.2021.
Entrance tests for the postgraduate study at the University consist of:
- entrance examination on specialty (in the volume of the program of the higher education level of the master’s degree in the corresponding specialty);
- Applicants who enter postgraduate studies in another field of specialization than those indicated in their master’s degree (specialist) may be assigned additional entrance examinations;
- an entrance exam in a foreign language in a volume that corresponds to level B2;
- An entrant who has confirmed his level of knowledge, including English, a valid TOEFL certificate, or the International English Language Testing System, or the Cambrian English Language Assessment certificate, is exempted from taking a foreign language exam. When defining the results of the competition, these certificates are equated with the results of the entrance test from the foreign language with the highest score.
The sequence of compiling entrance exams for the postgraduate study is as follows:
- additional introductory test (if necessary);
- Foreign Language;
Documents for admission to postgraduate studies can be accepted during the whole year but after special individual training program is approved.