Topics of Ph.D. theses offered for execution at the Department for 2018-2019 academic year
1. New gel regeneration materials for cosmetics and medicine
2. New active enzymatic components of cosmetic products
At the department, Miliar Yulia fulfills her Ph.D. thesis on the topic: “Production and characterization of antioxidants and biosurfactants from natural raw materials”
- Selection and research of natural raw materials, which contain lipophilic antioxidants, mainly carotenoid composition. Determination of target carotenoids and study of their antioxidant properties.
- Rationale the extraction method to search optimal conditions for the production of lutein.
- Identification of extracted lutein by spectral analysis methods.
- Conducting comparative tests of efficiency against lipid oxidation process with obtained extracts and known antioxidants. Development of effective synergistic mixtures of lipophilic antioxidants for use in cosmetics production.
- Estimation the inhibition of lipid oxidation process by the developed synergistic mixtures in cosmetic products.
- Development the technology of introducing obtained natural antioxidants into cosmetic production process. Determination of the optimal concentration in cosmetic compositions.
Joint research is planned at the Department of Physical Chemistry at the University of Granada, Spain.